Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May Monthly Challenge!

I may have left it to the very last minute, but I did manage to complete this month's Monthly Challenge at Scrapz. For May, the challenge was set by Sheree. She had done up instructions for a gorgeous fabric mini album and invited us to create our own. I followed her lead and made mine into a baby stats mini book. I think this will be a really fun reference for our family in the coming years, and will ensure these little details are never forgotten.

I very nearly didn't participate in the challenge because it involved sewing and I kinds suck at sewing, but there were no major disasters aside from me using too small a stitch for sewing in the pages... my first attempt resulted in perfectly perforated pages because the holes were too close together!!! LOL! See told you I suck!!! LOL!

Anyway, here it is (in my very first photo collage!!!);


















Our Family's Baby Stats Mini Album
Fabric, felt - unknown, Cardstock - bazzill, Patterned paper - October Afternoon, Epoxy stickers - Making Memories, Alphas - Kaiser (chipboard), October Afternoon (stickers), Die-cut - Sizzix, Buttons - Making Memories, Embroidery thread - DMC, Machine thread - craft supply, Font - Arial Narrow.

As you can see, I've not yet got around to getting the photos printed but I'll hopefully get around to adding them by the end of the week. Believe me, it's not such a bad thing that you didn't get to see my baby photo... I could really do without the public humiliation. I really don't see how my Mum thought I was a cute baby!!! LOL!

Thanks for popping by!

4 comments:

Kerryn said...

This is gorgeous Chloe!!

LOL at the perforations, you are not the only person that sucks at sewing. I may have done something similar myself before.... ;).

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous!!

Sheree said...

Chloe you did the most beautiful job on your little mini...I love it!!! So glad you had a go at it...and now you've got a gorgeous little keepsake to look back on! YAY!

Sheree xx

Chloe said...

Oh this is SO cute!! Well done!! I don't sew either...