Thursday, June 3, 2010

Layer Upon Layer!!!

... that's probably how I should be dressing these days given the temps have dropped, but much to my bosses' shock (Hi Jord!!!) I just keep on dressing like it's still Summertime! I don't really feel the cold... but I should probably put everyone out of their misery and buy a jumper!!! LOL!

But none of that is the reason for my post today... I'm acually here to share a fun little card I made Wednesday night for last week's Noteworthy challenge at Scrapz, which was to create a card with a decorative edge. Here it is;


















1st Birthday Card
Cardstock - Bazzill, Patterned paper - Sassafras Lass, Alphas - Sassafras Lass, Stickers - Sassafras Lass (cloud outline), October Afternoon (label), Glimmer spray - Tattered Angels, Trim - unknown, Baker's twine - Wilton, Button - Basic Grey, Embroidery thread - DMC.

As my post's title implies, this card is quite layered, which is something I haven't done much of for a while. The decorative edge was achieved by tracing the waste from a scallop-edged border sticker onto the cardstock, then hand-cutting it before folding the card to create my card blank. I also used the waste from another sticker to create my cloud embellishment.

Thanks for popping by!!!

2 comments:

Chloe said...

Oh this is just darling!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card Clo. It is awesome!!!! And yes, please buy a jumper...it's June for goodness sake, lol.