Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Challenging Challenge!!!

There were so many challenges this week that I wanted to play along with this week, so instead of doing each individually, I thought I'd challenge myself to incorporate 4 challenges into one card!!! It was tricky, but here's what I created;


















It's A Boy Card
Cardstock - Bazzill, Patterned paper - Making Memories, My Mind's Eye, Cosmo Cricket, Punch - Stampin' Up!, Raffia - unknown, Flower - Prima, Button - craft supply, Machine thread - craft supply.

Ok... so how does this single card fit 4 challenges?!...

1. Card Positioning Systems - Sketch 170 (check! I used this week's sketch!).
2. Simon Says Stamp - use 1 image, 2 pps, and 3 different types of embellishment (check!).
3. Caardvarks - use stamps, and wet/dry embossing (check! my sentiment is stamped and embossed with white embossing powder).
4. Scrapz.Biz - create a monochromatic card (check!)

See... a challenging challenge!!! You should try it some time! It gets you thinking!!!

In other news, my little boy has started to pull himself up onto his knees in preparation to crawl!!! He has commando crawled for some time now, but I am elated that he might just crawl properly one of these days! Check it out;


























Yippee!!!

Well, that's it for now. Today I'm going to watch the Saints smash the Dockers at Sbi Oval!!! I am so excited! I'm kid-free AND as I am a member this year I get to sit with other members and not feel like the only person barracking for the Saints! LOL! It's gonna be so much fun!!!

Enjoy what's left of your weekend!

10 comments:

Karin said...

Great card and I love the color! Thanks for visiting us at the DRS Designs blog.

Kerryn said...

Gorgeous card Chloe!!

Go Oli! He'll be crawling in no time.

Anonymous said...

This card is stunning Chloe, and OMG how super fantastic are all your cards these days...gotta get in quick before they dissapear

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous! I love that image and all of those shades of blue! Great job with the sketch! :D

B said...

So lovely -- I love your little button/flower/thread bow combo! Wow for fitting it into so many challenges!

Sheree said...

What a beautiful card Chloe! Love it!

Lydia said...

Such a beautiful monocratic card, love it!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my goodness, that baby is adorable!!! Love the card, too!! :D

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Chloe said...

Well done! It looks gorgeous!! And your little boy is super cute :-)

Jane said...

Such an elegant card, it is gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx