Sunday, June 20, 2010

Teeny Tiny Toes to Ticklez!

Last night, while my partner was out celebrating his birthday (read: getting really really drunk! LOL!) I scrapped a layout and finshed off a card. Yep, my life is pretty exciting!!! LOL!

I picked up a gorgeous piece of Girl's Paperie patterned paper the other day. It's from the On Holiday collection and is covered with tonnes of little bunting flags ready to cut up. I am a huge fan of the banner trend that has been so popular lately, but hadn't yet had the chance to incorporate it into a project... until now! I used this gorgeous patterned paper to create two banners on this page of Ollie at one month;


















Teeny Tiny Toes Layout
Cardstock - Bazzill, Patterned paper - The Girl's Paperie, Alphas - Cosmo Cricket, Little Yellow Bicycle, Word stickers - Cosmo Cricket, Paint - Making Memories, Pen - Uniball Signo.

In addition to the banners, I incorporated another technique into this layout - scraping paint across the page with an old plastic bank card. I discovered this technique on the Studio Calico blog in a little tutorial posted by Tina Aszmus a while back.

This layout has been made with this month's challenge at Kraft It Up! in mind - use Kraft and create a minimalist layout. Easy for me... I love Kraft and minimalist is my go-to style!!!

I have made another card using the May Ticklez kit;


















Hey Cupcake Card
Cardstock - Bazzill, Patterned paper - Jillibean Soup, Little Yellow Bicycle, Alphas - Adornit/Carolee's Creations, Rub-on - Imaginisce, Image - Crafty Secrets, Ribbon - unknown, Chipboard heart - American Crafts, Brads - American Crafts, Dimensional adhesive - Ranger, Kit - May Ticklez from Scrapz.Biz.

I added a few extras to this card... just couldn't go without some brads and a chippie heart.

I have just purchased another two packs of the Imaginisce rub-ons I used here. They are seriously the best rub-ons ever created!!! I have used them on so many projects already and cannot see myself tiring of them anytime soon!

Anyway, I think that's it for today.

And just a heads up... my 200th post is coming up soon, so I might just be doing a giveaway in the coming week or so. Hint hint. Wink wink!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

Kerryn said...

I love the layout Chloe! You do minimalist so so well.
Your card is pretty darn cute too!!

Julie said...

wow Chloe this is gorgeous.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

gorgeous layout and card - love the banners!

Sheree said...

Oh that layout is totally cute Chloe!!! I'm a banner fan myself. ;)

S xx

Andie said...

Love how you've done 2 little banners instead of a big one - the page is awesome!