Thursday, June 3, 2010

American Crafts Scraplift Week Entry!

Well, I didn't win the American Crafts albums that I so badly hoped to win last week. Boo hoo!!! Oh well, will just have to make do with the ones I have on layby. Pretty sure I'll cope!!! LOL!

This week at the Studio, the challenge is to scraplift any DT project that has been posted on the Studio blog. I chose to scraplift a great card made by Melanie Louette.

Here is original;


















... and here is my scraplift;


















Friendships Sympathy Card
Cardstock - Bazzill, Patterned paper - American Crafts, Rub-on - American Crafts, Embossing folder - ProvoCraft, Machine thread - craft supply, Font - Monotype Corsiva.

I scraplifted Melanie's basic design, her use of the Botanique line, the way she used just one embellishment and put focus on the sentiment, and I debossed the lower portion of the cream panel just as she embossed the lower portion of hers. Of course, I've put a bit of my own creative spin on it too. What do you think? You like?

Ok so that's 3 posts in one day!!! I shall go and leave y'all alone now!!!

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great scraplift Clo. The colours are beautiful & love the debossing.