Friday, June 25, 2010

Post #200!!!

... and it's gonna be a long one!

But first thing is first... today is up there with one of the best days ever because in the mail arrived the newest issue of Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft... AND ONE OF MY CARDS IS ON THE COVER!!! (insert excited sqealing and jumping up and down!!!) Making a cover has been number one on my scrappy to do list since I started submitting to magazines about 2 years ago, and thanks to Emily, it has become a reality! I feel so honoured and just a tad rockstar having my work there for all to see. It is so awesome!!! Here's it is;


















My card is the one top right! I have 5 cards in this issue; one set of three (including the one on the cover) and two cards for the Stamper's Challenge. Yippee!!!

I've had quite the run of luck lately and this cover is the icing on the cake! I have recently won three giveaways including one from the Paper Trunk blog hop that I posted about here a little while back. So I figure it is time to return the love and have a giveaway here for you all to enjoy! And what better occasion than my blog's 200th post!

There will be two prizes in total. One winner will receive this vintage pack of goodies;


















... and another will win this bright pack of goodies;


















All I ask in return is that you become a follower and leave a comment on this post by the end of next fortnight, Sunday 11th July. Don't be afriad to let me know which prize you'd like most! I'll announce the winners soon after.

Now to share some of my recent creations. First up is my entry for the Embellish Magazine Babies Colour Challenge which is to create a baby-themed card using the colours from the following polaroids;


















Here's my card;


















Fresh From Heaven Card
Cardstock - Bazzill, Patterned paper - Pink Paislee, Doily - Little Yellow Bicycle, Die-cut - unknown; Ribbon - Button - craft supply, Stamp - American Crafts, Ink - Tsukineko, Pearls - Kaiser, Machine thread - craft supply.

I finished this layout a couple of days ago but had not yet got a chance to post it here. I have used the May Ticklez kit from Scrapz for this one;


















So Beautiful Layout
Patterned paper - Pink Paislee, The Girl's Paperie, Little Yellow Bicycle, Alphas - Adornit/Carolee's Creations, Ticket - My Mind's Eye, Butterfly sticker - Jenni Bowlin, Punch - Martha Stewart, Word strip - Creative Scraps, Ribbon - unknown, Pearl trim - unknown, Pen - Stampin' Up!, Machine thread - craft supply.

Included in the kit was a length of pearl trim that I was a bit stumped on what to do with it. If you look closely at my layout, you will see that I cut a bit of it up into tiny peices to create 'bodies' for my butterfly embellishments!

I think that just about wraps it up for today. I best be off now to ready myself for a crop night that I'm attending tonight. Should be fun... and hopefully I don't chat to much so I'll have something to show you in my next post!

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous cards and gorgeous LO! Congrats on the cover chick!

Karin said...

Wow, the cover! How exciting :) Thanks for visiting the DRS Designs blog!

Sasha Holloway said...

NOW that is AWESOME love love love

Julie said...

wahoo Missy Chloe on making the cover. I got my copy in the mail today too.

Love the projects here. Don't have too much fun with out me tonight.

Melleny Ams said...

I got my copy yesterday and spotted your gorgeous card straight away. Way to go girly!!! I am so happy for you. I know that feeling when you open your mailbox and there it is staring up at you. The best surprise!!!!

Sarah Martina said...

Congrats! And I love your card - so soft and sweet! Also... love your layout!

Kerryn said...

How exciting!! Congratulations Chloe :).

FLEUR de Lo said...

I love your work! I'm so glad I found your blog through the Embellish challenge. Your simplistic scrapbooking makes me want to take that up again. So many interests, so little time....

Carol said...

I have been following your blog for ages...,you are on my fav blog list...on MY blog....so its about time...and sooooomuch easier to be a follower...DOH !!
LUV your style
Carol

Chloe said...

YAY YOU ADDED A FOLLOWERS LIST!!!!!!!! I'm on it ;-). And I was SOOOOOOO excited to see your creations in that mag!!!!! Wootwoo!!! Congrats to you Cover Girl!!! LOL. Love the LO and cute card here - you are so creative :-)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Congrats on making the cover, Chloe! That is fabulous and so well deserved!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Beautiful card! I like a lot the stitching, and the doily detail! :D Thanks for playing along with us!