Thursday, February 18, 2010

Inkurable Stampers Metallics Challenge... and More!!!

It has been almost forever since I've had the chance to play along at Inkurable Stampers. But I loved this month's challenge so much that I just had to make the time to sit down and create something special for it!!!

This month, Sarah has challenged her blog readers to create any stamped project using metallic colours or metals in your design. Here's what I created;


















Love Tag
Tag - Bumble Bee Crafts, Stamps - Grant Arhival, Fancy Pants Designs, Ink - Tsukineko, Embossing powder - Stampin' Up!, Chipboard heart - Collections, Button - unknown, Metallic thread - DMC, Metal key embellishment - 7 Gypsies, Ribbon - unknown.

I decided to alter a plain Kraft tag using stamping and a few other embellishments. I stamped the tree stamp (from Grant Archival) using black ink, then layered over that a Fancy Pants 'Love' stamp. I stamped this is Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. I also embossed a chipboard heart with the gold and added that alongside the tree image. To finish I knotted a metal key through ribbon and embellished with a button threaded with gold metallic thread. So that's 4 different gold elements all rolled into one little tag!!!

I have now completed all 10 challenges for Scrapz.Amour, and because I'm having so much fun actually using all those stamps I've had sitting around unused, I have decided to start the challenges all over again! Uploads must be done by Sunday, so I'll just try to get as many more done as I can between now and then.

The final challenge I completed was this;


















Sprinkled with Fun! Card
Cardstock - Bazzill, PP - Fancy Pants Designs, Punch - Fiskars, Rub-on - Imaginisce, Alphas - American Crafts, Fabric - unknown, Stamp - Hero Arts, Ink - Tsukineko, Embossing powder - Stampin' Up!, black machine thread.

For this challenge, Lydell instructed us to stamp onto fabric. I never even thought this was possible, but it is. What really surprised me was that the image actually turns out pretty clear. I initially thought the ink would bleed through the fabric, but instead I was left with a well defined image. Pretty cool!!! Even more interesting is that it is possible to heat emboss onto fabric!!! I doubt I am the first to have discovered this technique, but I am really thrilled with this awesome find! There's really no trick to it either. It's just like embossing paper, except I found it was crucial to use an Embossing Buddy to prevent the powder adhering all over the project.

And now for the first of my repeat challenge projects; a set of Easter gift tags for Challenge 7;


















Easter Gift Tags
Cardstock - Bazzill, PP - Fancy Pants Designs, Imaginisce, Stamps - Stampin' Up!, Ink - Tsukineko, Punches - Stampin' Up!, Raffia - unknown, Buttons - Basic Grey, assorted unknown.

Although I'm not really sure why, I'm generally not very creative when it comes to Easter, so I'm happy to have at least one project done in readiness for the big day! If anyone has come across any cool Easter ideas in their blog travels, or if you have any of your own, please post a link here so I can check it out. I need all the help I can get!!! LOL!

I'm off now to feel sorry for myself as it is super hot here today. We have been forecast with 38 degrees today. Grr!!! I hope it is cooler in your part of the world.

Happy scrapping!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, It was great to here from you. I totally agree when you see Easter seems to unleash your creative side, I remeber last years efforts. I love your little easter taggs, they are so sweet. Love to catch up soon :)

Anonymous said...

How cool is the stamping onto fabric??? Looks fantastic.
Love the tag too & your Easter tags are too cute.

Kerryn said...

YAY, good on you for going back and doing them again!!!

Your cards and tags look AWESOME!!!!

I totally sympathise with you on the weather, we have your heat heading our way for the weekend!

Vanessa said...

I sooo love the cute easter tags. I am the same though, I leave Easter up to the Bunny so there is nothing really for me to create.

Sheree said...

Good on you Chloe getting all 10 challenges done! I've loved seeing all your work in the gallery...so beautiful!

Sheree xx