Saturday, January 2, 2010

One Little Word...

You will probably be familiar with Ali Edwards' One Little Word concept. If not, you can read all about it here. Anyway, today I decided I too would choose a word for myself, as a means of summarising my hopes and dreams for 2010. Traditionally, I'd write a list of resolutions for the year, but as anyone would know, these resolutions almost never last beyond January 31st. For me, I believe a much more durable method is to approach each moment with a particular mind-set, an end goal, my one little word. This year, that word will be OPPORTUNITY. The definition of this word is a possibility due to a favourable combination of circumstances; chance for advancement, progress or profit. In other words, I hope to embrace the things I have and can have, pursue them, value them, and derive all that I can from them. This includes family, my hobby and my creativity, work, home, money, everything. I think reminding myself that each moment is an opportunity for something more will help me get the most out of 2010.

I encourage you to also choose for yourself one little word, and share it here. It could change your life!!!

3 comments:

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

What a great idea Chloe. I have given up making resolutions, as you say they never last long, but this idea is definately something worth thinking about. I will let you know what I come up with. Opportunity sounds really good.

hugs
Kaye x

Kat said...

great word choice Chloe - opportunity is a fantastic word - I have gone with simplify for 2010

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

I have decided my word is to be 'TIME'. As we are moving house soon and I am going to gain more 'TIME' from travelling less, I am going to make sure I use it well on the things that are important.

hugs
Kaye x