Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shades of Blue!

It's a bit of a blue post today, not in the sad kinda way, but in the colour kinda way!

First up is a card I have created for Challenge 9 in Scrapz' Biggest Loser comp. Jen asked us to create a layout or card that used some sort of resist technique to alter pp. I used clear embossing powder to emboss alpha stamps on cream coloured BG pp then ran over it with a green ink. After I buffed away the ink from the embossed areas, I was left with cute alphas for a baby card. Here's my card;


















I pretty much suck at the whole resist thing! Almost as bad as I am at actually resisting, you know like when all the CHA stuff hits Oz soon! LOL!

Next up is a layout. Again, this was made for the BL comp. Sheree challenged us to make a layout using scraps in a patchwork effect. I used blue scraps from October Afternoon's Detours line to create this layout, plus lots of stitching... which surprisingly is actually straight! Here's my layout;


















I am totally in love with this layout! Isn't that teeny tiny sleeping bubby just so sweet?!

Well, that concludes post 6 of 7! Back tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

Kirsty said...

just gorgeous! (The LO, The card AND that bubby!)

Melissa said...

Hey Chloe, wowsers...post 6.....you are doing so much better than me.I have been mudging too much I think.Scrapping has taken a back seat.
I can see why you adore that LO...it is stunning girl, and of course the subject is totally adorable.Best of luck with the comp.

Vanessa said...

I sooo love that layout too. And your bubba is divine. x

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh, I LOVE this layout!!!!
The resist on your card is very cool.