Sunday, September 21, 2008

Round #3... Check!

It was tough going this week, but I managed to complete the challenge for Round 3 of SYTYCS! I was having huge trouble getting the courage to just sit down and do it!!! LOL! The pressure of being surrounded by super talent week after week is unavoidable... and it makes my head spin!!! I spent days designing how I wanted my page to look, followed by some procrastination, then all my plans went out the window once I finally sat down to scrap!!! I must say, that I am really happy they did because I love how my layout eventually emerged. Here it is;


















The criteria I had to follow this week were set by Kim, one of Scraptacular's very talented DT members. She asked us to create a single-page layout using;

  • a piece of patterned paper as the background (not cardstock)
  • a mix of different of patterned paper (not from the same story)
  • inked edges on all patterned paper pieces and photos
  • a cluster of embellishments
  • staples
  • a 6x4 photo
    • These criteria suited me perfectly, especially the staples! As you can probably see, I went to town with them! LOL!

      Between freaking out and scrapbooking, I have also managed to complete one of two DT projects for Memories and More. I have made a 4-piece card set using patterned paper and die-cuts taken from the Spring Fling range by Pink Paislee. Here's a peek;


















      Well, that's it for me! Should hopefully be back tomorrow to share a card or two.


      2 comments:

      Unknown said...

      Love this LO so much Clo. It's bright & beautiful just like that little wild child. Good luck with this week's voting :)

      Melissa said...

      Chloe, I just lurrrrrvvve your LO and I am soo glad you were able to just sit down and scrap and it all just flowed out nicely.