Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Think I can Scrap!!!

You may have noticed the 'So You Think You Can Scrap' blinkie that has been added to my blog's sidebar. I have just commenced a competition called So You Think You Can Scrap, which is being hosted by Scraptacular. Here's how it works; To begin, there are heats where entrants are given scrapeography (yes, just like choreography) to create layouts. After a few rounds of voting the finalists are decided, who will go on, round by round, delving through different ‘genres’ chosen by the Scraptacular Design Team. Eventually, Australia’s voting public (fellow scrappers) will narrow it down to Australia’s Favourite Scrapper... I am hoping it could be me... but we'll just have to wait and see!

Today was the closing date for the first heat of the competition. For this leg of the comp we had to create a single-page layout incorporating the follow criteria;

- Hand cutting of PP designs

- Edge Distressing

- Layering

- Use of 'white/negative' space

- Texture

- Non Standard size photos (eg not 4x6 or 5x7 or 6x8)

- Clustering

I have spent a lot of time over the last few days pushing paper and embellishments about my page but I did manage to get my entry in with just a couple of hours to go. I am really happy with the result! Here it is;


















Voting for Heat #1 closes on Tuesday so I'll let you know how I go, then... hopefully I'm not eliminated just yet!!!

Before I go, I just wanted to extend a HUGE hooray to all the wonderful daddies out there who are celebrating Father's Day with their kids today. I hope you have all had a great day!!! I have a few Father's Day related goodies to share with you, but I'll leave those for tomorrow.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Wow Clo I really love the final details you added since I saw it. It looks awesome.
Good luck with the competition, we're all cheering for you :)

Melissa said...

Just gorgeous Chloe, best of luck with the comp...fingers crossed for you.like the cluster of embellishments.