Monday, September 8, 2008

Father's Day Stuff!

Thought I'd share with you all the things that I put together for Father's Day this year! Here goes...

First up is a card I made for my Father-in law. I used pps from the Archaic range by Basic Grey together with their matching alpha stickers. The stamped zebra image was done using a stamp taken from the 'In the Wild' set by Stampin' Up!













I have entered my Father-in-law's card into this month's Inkurable Stampers challenge. This month participants must create a man-themed card using at least one stamp. Nice and easy!!! Follow the link at right if you wou;d like to have a go or would just like to check out the other entries.

Next up is a desk clock and matching card that I made for my DD to give to her Daddy.




















The wooden clock base is by Kaiser, which I embellished with pp from Scenic Route and Jenni Bowlin, Kaiser bling, Making Memories Chocolate paint, and lots of Glossy Accents. For both the card I have also used pp from Scenic Route and Jenni Bowlin, a Kaiser bling frame, Go Go Boots alpha dies and Primitive Heart die by Sizzix, and assorted ribbon. Both of these projects were taught at the beginning of the month at my place of work, Just Scrapbooking.

Speaking of Just Scrapbooking, I have been asked to announce that on the 14th of September from 10am until 4pm Just Scrapbooking will be holding a Garage Sale. HEAPS of second hand scrapbooking products will be for sale including totes, Cricut machines, tools, patterned paper, and stickers. If you would be interested in being a seller simply contact the store on 08) 9417 3665, otherwise just come along on the day to pick up a bargain!!!

I did not make my Dad a Father's Day card this year because Mum made one as part of her DT commitments at Scrap Pile. She is yet to upload it to her blog, Snail Mail, but I'm sure she'll do so soon so keep popping by to see it for yourself. It's not to be missed!!!

In the spirit of Father's Day, I'd just like to share with you the beautiful gift my two-year-old made for her Daddy. It's a lovely hand-painted canvas! She did it all by herself... and isn't it the greatest?!!! Her Daddy loved it very much!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Your card is wonderful. I love the zebra image what a fantastic way to finish it off.
Your 2 year olds painting is a masterpiece, she is very clever.

Unknown said...

Love the clock & matching card Clo, I haven't got to see those ones before. The canvas is a work of art, can I put in an order for one :)
I've just finished updating my blog....finally, & now you've just reminded me that I missed putting the fathers day card on it, oops.

MelB said...

Hi Chloe! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

I love the wall clock you created, it's such a wonderful gift!

Melanie said...

The clock and cards look Great, I also love the painting :)