Friday, September 12, 2008

Good news!

I have good news... I made it through to Heat #2 of 'So You Think You Can Scrap'! Sadly, five very talented ladies were eliminated from the competition last Tuesday, but thankfully I managed to survive another day.

The "Scrap-eography" for Heat #2 was announed Tuesday evening. Here are the criteria;
- A mixture of at least 3 patterned papers in various colours, patterns, brands and textures
- Ink (lots of it!)
- Journaling strips
- Everything a little off centre and generally weighted to one side
- Dimension
- One large photo

And here's my take on the challenge;


















To fulfill the criteria, I used;
- pp from Bo Bunny, Little Yellow Bicycle, and Basic Grey,
- Pinecone and Pearlescent Orchid ink,
- journalling strips created from pp strips using my Dymo labeller,
- a design where everything was set toward the left-hand side of the page,
- bling, a button, a flower, and the raised printing on the journalling strips for dimension, and
- one 5x7 photo.

Hopefully this is enough to get me through to the next round!!! Of course, I could always do with a little teeny tiny bit of extra help!!! If you would like to vote for me at any time throughout the comp, just head to Scraptacular, sign up to the forum, make at least 30 posts, then vote away!!! All voting details can be found in the SYTYCS 2008 forum under 'SYTYCS Info, Rules & Registrations'.

I have also created a quick card today. This one uses CPS sketch #81 as inspiration.













I have entered this card into Tarisota's current site competition to make a Thank You card.

6 comments:

Kirsty said...

Its beautiful!

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!!!! You go Clo!!!!
I'm very proud of you.
This new LO is so incredibly beautiful, I love it.
The card is very funky too.

Melissa said...

Stunning LO Chloe and I wish you all the best in this competition.You have such incredible talent as a paper crafter.Fingers crossed for you as I said in a comment on your Mums blog.
I agree with your Ma about your card, so cool and great colours

Becca Nelson said...

Pretty! Love your stuff.

Toni said...

Good on ya Chloe, Hope you go all the way. I adore that layout, it is beautiful and the card is great the colours just make it POW! right at ya!

Debbi said...

Hiya Chloe, just loved your take on this weeks challenge, it is so beautiful, GOOD LUCK with tomorrow, although I doubt you will need it, you are one talented chook!