Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dear Lizzy!!!

I have finally built up the courage to snip into my first piece of the gorgeous Dear Lizzy line! It was hard!!! I think I may need to buy an extra sheet of every pp and store it away somewhere safe... just to look at! I know it goes against the philosophy of most ie. use what you have and don't hang onto stuff just cos, but this line is too pretty to be all used up!!! I hope Lizzy doesn't release any more collections cos it'll break the bank! I have already purchased stuff from about 4 different places, in an attemp to collect as much of it as possible! I am a sad sad papercrafter!!! LOL!

Anyway, to the point of this post... I have made a card using my Dear Lizzy stash;


















Sweet Sixteen Card
Cardstock - Bazzill, PP - American Crafts, Alpha stickers - American Crafts, Rub-on - American Crafts, Buttons - unknown, Embroidery thread - DMC, white machine thread - craft supply, Punch - EK Success.

This card is my entry for this week's Postmarked Challenge over at the Studio blog.

I have no idea who I'll give this card to as I know no-one who is turning 16 anytime in the near future! LOL! I just needed a sentiment that I could use the word 'sweet' within, and I thought this was kinda novel given all else I could think of was UR sweet or sweet baby girl.

I also finished my nephews birth announcement cards and thankyou notes. Only prob is I forgot to photograoh them!!! I sent them off to Kalgoorlie today, so I'll get my SIL to snap a piccie of them for me when they arrive. I am really happy with how they turned out. They are simple but that's a good thing cos they are photo cards so it allows the gorgeous lil man on the front to remain the focus!!! I must admit that I have developed a bit of a sore, cracked callous from pushing 108 brads through the cards and notes! Ouch!!! Seemed a good idea at the time!

Well, I best head off now and make a start on dinner. Will be working on a couple of cards tonight that are due Monday for Cardmaking, Stamping, and Papercraft magazine's Stamper's Challenge. The stamp I was given has had me a bit stumped but I think I might finally be making some progress! Phew!!!

Til next time, happy scrapping!!!

6 comments:

elizabeth kartchner said...

that is SO cute!

xo

liz

Her Essential Hand said...

love that card, you just rock at them :)
And yes, I am like that with some papers, just want to look at them all day and not touch them, sigh..
hope your doing well :) xx

Sheree said...

Gorgeous card Chloe! Love it!

Sheree xx

Chloe said...

Oh how sweet ;-)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

That card totally rocks!!! Majorly! :)

Samantha Taylor said...

Great card! Love your buttons.