Thursday, March 11, 2010

Busy Busy Busy!!!

Life feels a little hectic at the moment. DH is working lots so it's me doing all the childcare and housework for now. Plus I have a few impending scrappy deadlines. Gladly, I was able to tick off one item from the list yesterday! Yay!!! I was invited to participate in Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercrafts' Stamper's Challenge. I had to make two cards using a stamp I wouldn't normally choose. It was a bit tricky at first, but once I came up with a couple of ideas I was happy with it was smooth sailing. I can't wait to see my cards in print!!!

I have also been scrapping! I started on this layout a couple of weeks back, and have only just got around to finishing it off. It is a pretty simple design, but the hand-stitching took me forever... each hole is 2-3mm apart!!! Feels good to scrap some fairly recent photos - these are almost a month old, taken when Ollie started solids at 5 months.


















Starting Solids Layout
Cardstock - Bazzill, Patterned paper - October Afternoon, Alphas - American Crafts, Pink Paislee, Die-cut - Jillibean Soup, Journalling spot sticker - October Afternoon, Embroidery thread - DMC, Pen - Sanford.

Oh and guess what?! It looks like Ollie is just about ready to crawl. He moved about a metre this morning doing a baby caterpillar commando crawl! Very cute and so exciting!!! Here's a pic;
















Well that's it for now. I am hoping to scrap a bit today using my Dear Lizzy stash! Fun fun!!!

I hope you have a good day!!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Woohoo Ollie...seeing him like that brought back some memories of Steven at that age.Gosh it won't be long and he will be fully mobile Chloe.You have a gorgeous little man there.How did you go with the Dear Lizzy ...got anything scrapped?

Kerryn said...

Look at him go! They aren't babies for long :).

Hope you got to play with your Dear Lizzy stash!

Anonymous said...

GO OLLIE!!!!
Gosh he's a clever boy.
Love the layout too Clo :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow - love your layout! That pic is gorgeous of your baby boy! :)

Chloe said...

Just look at your little man!! Sooooo cute!! :-) I admire your patience with the handstitching and it looks fab ;-)