Saturday, July 17, 2010

Inspired Style!

This week on the Papercafts Connection and Moxie Fab World blogs it has been Card Style week in honour of Papercrafts' newest special issue. Day 2, blog readers were presented with a vintage typewriter image and were challenged to create a card in their personal style using the image as inspiration. Here's what I created;


















You Mean Everything to Me Card
Cardstock - Bazzill, Stamp - Stampin' Up!, Ink - Tsukineko, Tape - Pretty Tape, Baker's twine - unknown.

I thought a little outside the box and was inspired to use a typewriter font on my card. I'd just recently purchased this great transparent typewriter tape from Etsy and thought it was the perfect embellishment for my card.

The rest of the card was left quite bare with only a sentiment and some baker's twine thrown in which is in keeping with my style... according to the quiz Cath provided on Moxie Fab World, my style is Clean and Graphic. Clean and Graphic cards are characterised by the utilization of white space, clean lines, and simple treatment of text. It is no-frills, bare-boned, modern, and hip. Categorising my style is pretty much a no brainer, right?! Although I dabble in other styles on occassion, Clean and Graphic is my go-to style and the one I am most comfortable using.

What is your style? If you're not sure, try taking the quiz here.

Anyway, enough rabbitting on! I hope you like my card! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

FLEUR de Lo said...

Love it! I'm a clean and graphic girl myself---no wonder I'm drawn to your work. :)

Sasha Holloway said...

simple and stunning.