Monday, October 27, 2008

Some winners... and some other stuff too

Thank you to everyone who left a comment at the previous post! The following ladies have scored themselves a single, complete flower from Maya Road's Fresh Chipboard Flowers Petals set;
  1. blueviolet (Elizabeth)
  2. anna
  3. denise
  4. kerryn
  5. byclops (Sarah)
  6. jewls
  7. kirsty
  8. melanie
    If you have not already been contacted by me, please email me (chloeschmitt86 at hotmail dot com) with your postal address so that I can send out your goodies asap!

    Now, for the winner of the bundle of handmade cards created by yours truly...

    Here are your random numbers:
    3
    Timestamp: 2008-10-27 04:06:16 UTC

    The third person tp leave a comment was Denise. Congratulations Denise! You will receive four handmade cards along with your chipboard flower!

    With that out of the way, I have my most recent entry for SYTYCS to share. This week, we had to create a layout according to the following criteria;

    - A colour blocked layout design
    - No odd angles- Colour photos only
    - Journalling strips
    - At least 6 different colours (only one colour from your photo can count toward the tally of 6)
    - At least 2 different size photos
    - A circular element

    Here's my creation;


















    I am really happy with how this has turned out! It was actually a lot harder than the criteria reads, especially because this isn't really my style, as such. When I first started scrapping I tended toward the straight and simple look, but now I like to scrap a lot more messily and with as many odd angles as possible! LOL!

    It's so interesting to see your style change over time... and this competition has certainly changed mine a great deal over the past 8 weeks. I love everything that I have learnt about myself and my scrapbooking through SYTYCS - I am more aware of my own style, I know what techniques and trends I don't like to use on my pages, I can scrap faster and commit to my design more quickly, I have tried lots of new things and most of all I have become more confident in my work. If you ever get the opportunity to participate in something like this, I would thoroughly recommend it... your scrapping will benefit plus you'll make friends and have heaps of fun along the way!!!

    That's it for today. Enjoy your week!!!

    3 comments:

    Kerryn said...

    Well done Chloe, your LO is awesome! I love how you have included the little photos in amongst your blocks of paper. Good luck :).
    xx
    (I'll email my addy through to you as well YAY & thanks :))

    Melissa said...

    Oooo gorgeous LO Chloe and I agree, it has been wonderful to see your scrapping changing each week.Best of luck with this week

    Unknown said...

    Just love this LO so much Clo!!!
    The bright colours & those awesome photos are amazing.
    Best of luck this week, I've done my voting already :)