Friday, April 9, 2010

Make Your Own Spring Garden!!!

I was contacted today by a fellow scrappy friend (hi Tina!!!) asking me how I created the flower on my Congratulations card in the post below. This prompted me to post here a link to a few of the fun, innovative, and interesting paper flower making tutorials that I have found online. This is only a small selection of all the flowery goodness available for you to recreate, but these are my personal faves;

Spiral flowers

Tissue paper flowers

Curly-petal rose

Roses using ready-made flowers

Flower sprigs

Pinched paper flowers

Dahlia flowers

Lollipop flowers

Sewing pattern flowers

3D flowers using scallops

Torn lollipop flowers

Rolled flowers

Folded flowers

Accordian flowers

Which brings me back to the original question... how did I make my flower? Well it is pretty much just tutorial number one (spiral flowers are my number one fave flower atm!!!) but I used a scalloped circle as the base rather than a plain circle. I also added looser spiral layers below the tightest spiral to make the flower fuller.

I hope you find this post to be a great creative reference! If you know of any other interesting links for making your own flowers, please post them in the comments section so I can add them to the list.

Happy flower making!!!

No comments: