Last Sunday night, I participated in Keep'n The Memories second cybercrop. If you would like to check out all the fun that was had on the night, follow this link;
I had a really good time chatting with all of the girls on the KTM forum, I loved playing the games (especially as I won myself an awesome set of Inkadinkadoo stamps!), and I have enjoyed participating in the five fantastic challenges that were set on the night. I have so far completed all but one of these challenges.
The first challenge was by Nicole who challenged us to take our inspiration from her gorgeous LO... thrice! Here is her example;
I chose to scraplift Nicole's use of Basic Grey paper, the patterned paper background, and the use of flowers as accents.
To make the flowers you can see on my LO, I punched circles from patterned paper, which I then crumpled and inked. Over the circle I layered a BG Sugared Element sticker, which I also inked. To finish, I accented the flowers with buttons, and then attached them to my page with foam tape. I also created stems for my flowers using thin strips of patterned paper. Here's my scraplift;
The second challenge was by Delys who asked us to create a LO using 80% of products from the one manufacturer only. I created a double-page LO using products from Scenic Route, including patterned paper and chipboard from the Lynden range, as well as alpha stickers and background patterned paper. The only non-Scenic Route things used were the adhesives, ink and date stamp. Here is my page (sorry about the wonky photo!!!);
The fourth challenge was by Suzi who asked us to create a layout without using ANY store-bought embellishments! This one was tough for me as I am a bit of a pre-made embellishment junkie! I chose to keep my LO paper-based with very minimal embellishment. I used the Girl Power range by Cherry Arte. I hand cut the title and flower from the pp, then created a painted frame around my photo using a Crafter's Workshop template as a guide. I coated the painted dots with Glossy Accents for a bit more dimension. I am really happy with how this page has turned out!
The last challenge was by Michelle who challenged us to to create a set of 6 cards using 1 patterned paper, 1 contrast cardstock colour, and embossing. I dry embossed my black card bases and butterfly accents with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, then highlighted the raised portion with silver ink. The one patterned paper, journalling blocks, and clock stamp I have used are by Heidi Swapp. I really enjoyed making a whole set of cards rather than just a single card like that which is usually required by online challenges such as these. It was far more demanding coming up with six different designs using the same products than it usually is to create just one. I think I will end up giving this card set away as a gift. Here they are;
The third challenge of the night is the only challenge I am yet to complete. This challenge was set by Kerryn. She asked us to create a layout based on a nursery rhyme of our choice. I am thinking I will either use Hey Diddle Diddle or Humpty Dumpty as the nursery rhyme- I just need to check my photos to see which I'd prefer to scrap. I'll keep you posted on my progress- I only have until midnight Sunday to complete it, so wish me luck!!!