Monday, March 2, 2009

My LONG Weekend of Creating!!!

Here in Perth it is a long weekend. Don't ask me why or what for... an extra day off work sounds pretty good to me! LOL!

I have well and truly made the most of my free time this weekend, getting creative on both Sunday with Mum and today at home...

Yesterday I created two layouts for donation to Sarah Gladman's Memory Gifts appeal for the victims of Victoria's recent bushfires (you can find most of the info you will need to participate here). I made one birthday layout and one Christmas layout. Here they are;



























We have been collecting layouts for the appeal at my place of work, Just Scrapbooking, for a couple of weeks now. The response had been incredible, with many layouts being made and donated to the cause. Some of our regular customers have not scrapped there own photos for some time, opting to create as many layouts as possible for those in need. In comparison to these incredible women, my two-layout-effort seems a little poxy... but I am reassured that every little bit helps in a big way.

On Sunday I also made an Easter-themed card using the Heart Attack range by WRMK;


















I experimented with edging my paper pieces with white paint (and my finger!!!). Pretty cool technique me thinks!

Lastly, today I made a card using this fortnight's Wicked Princesses' Card Challenge Sketch, as created by my fellow DT-er, Tanya Tahir. Here's her sketch;


















... and here's my take;


















For this card I flipped the sketch upside-down, placing the sentiment at the top and the larger embellishment at the bottom-right. I have used product from Making Memories' Animal Crackers range, plus BG's Micro-chip alphas painted brown.

Each fortnight Tanya, Krissie, or myself will provide the readers of the Wicked Princesses blog with a card sketch that you can use to create your own card. In doing so, you could win yourself a $10.00 store voucher... so you can buy your very own Wicked Princesses kit! Woo hoo!!! All cards should be loaded into the relevant gallery by midnight March 15th to be in the running to win the fortnightly prize. Why not give it a go?! I'd love to see what you come up with!

5 comments:

Kerryn said...

Great job on the bushfire layouts :).

Loving the cards, they look fab!

Kirsty said...

Your bushfire LOs look fantastic! I love the card, might have to try that paint technique myself;)

Sares said...

They look gorgeous Chloe! I look forward to putting them into someone's album - they'll love them!
Sares x

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Hey Chloe, I didn't realise you are from Perth too!

Love your take on the card sketch :)

Krissy Christie said...

Awesome work Chloe!Love that card!!

Krissy xx