Monday, August 18, 2008

This One's for Mum!!!

I visited my "Mother Dearest" yesterday afternoon and she was complaining that I had not updated my blog since returning from retreat. I thus felt I should make a post today, not only to make her happy, but also to tell everyone else that I did indeed have a great time at Just Scrapbooking's Retreat! My goal for retreat was to have lots of fun, complete as many layouts as possible, and to stay up ALL weekend!!! I managed the first two quite easily... I had an enormous amount of fun, especially with my pupils during my class and with the lovely ladies sitting at my scrapping table, and I (very nearly) completed 4 layouts and a card. All bar one of my layouts still need a few finishing touches like journalling etc, so I will wait until they are done before I show you. The finished page looks a little something like this;


















I have also entered this layout into Keep'n the Memories' August cybercrop and at Puzzle Sketches, a brand new competition blog run by my friends, Toni and Nic, from Keep'n the Memories. I strongly suggest you check it out as it is an awesome concept and really fun to participate in, plus there's a prize for the winner!!!

I'd also like to show you a card that I made at Retreat using the scraps from one layout. I gave this card to my partner when he returned home a few days after me from a week long trip to Carnarvon with our daughter. Here it is;














This weekend just gone was Cybercrop weekend at Chook Scraps. Somehow I almost missed it entirely, not logging on until about 7pm last night! It unfortunately slipped my mind between a friend's birthday party, work, and other commitments. Nonetheless, with what time I had I managed to sqeeze in Challenge Four, which was to complete a Christmas card that featured the colour gold and some bling. Here's my entry;












My daughter and I also did the Chicken's Challenge, which is a scrapbooking challenge designed by the DT at Chook Scraps just for kids. My daughter always enjoys doing the Chicken's Challenge, and today was no exception! She made this gorgeous layout with only minimal help from me;


















I think this is her best page yet!!!

So, that's it for me for now. I'll try my hardest to get my remaining Retreat layouts completed so I can share sometime this week!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you my dear daughter:)
I thoroughly enjoyed our time together on Sunday.
I love that bright, beautiful LO you've done & both your cards are gorgeous as usual.
My goodness my DGD has produced a masterpiece & what a cute little face. Tell her Granny thinks it's very cool.

Melissa said...

Woohoo, she has returned...LOL...I thought you must have still been on the retreat Chloe..teehee.Great that you had a blast at the retreat and got so much done there.I look forward to seeing what you made.Mums are so impatient aren't they.LOL

Sarah Feeney said...

Hi Chloe! LOVE your cards! Your DD's page is so gorgeous!
Thanks for entering the giveaway at Inkurable - I loved your poem so much I'm giving you a special RAK! Check it out on the blog and don't forget to email me your address so I can send it out to you! :)