Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wet and Windy Weather!!!

You may have seen it on the news, that Perth was hit with some CRAZY weather on Monday night. The storm hit at about 4.30pm. Though some people copped it bad in terms of damage etc, we were lucky and simply enjoyed the relief from the hot weather we had been experiencing. Tilly, DH and I ran in the rain, collected hail stones as big as 20 cent pieces, and watched the awesome lightning show. Here's a few pics;







































We lost power not long after the storm rolled in, but we decided to try our luck going to the restaurant we had planned to go to beforehand. The drive there was an adventure, with most of the roads under water. At one intersection the water was about 1/3 of the way up the side of the car door! No wonder there were so many cars broken down by the side of the road. There was a massive tree fallen onto the road in one place, and braches everywhere else. Needless to say, the restaurant was shut, but I'm so glad we went for that drive as I would never have believed the storm was as bad as it had been said to be if I hadn't seen it for myself. Plus, secretly, I am a huge stormy weather fan, so loved it regardless!!!

Despite the woolly weather, I have made another 2 cards for the AC Studio blog Green Week Challenge. Here they are;













A Note to Say Hello Card
Cardstock - Bazzill, Stickers - American Crafts, Brads - unknown.


















Beautiful Day Card
Cardstock - Bazzill, Patterned paper - American Crafts, Rub-ons - American Crafts, Rhinestones - Kaiser, Brads - FTI, Ink - Tsukineko.

I am really liking this challenge. Green is my fave colour afterall, but it is also fun limiting yourself to particular products. I don't have a huge stash of green AC products, but I am happy to have made the most of what I have on hand. I still have a layout to complete for the challenge, which I hope to work on a bit tonight.

Well that's about all for today. Back again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed the storm, lol so did I, other than the damage it caused my poor aunt had her car written off by insurance thanks to the pelting it copped from the hailstones :(.
I love your cards they are great and my fave scrapping color at the moment also seems to be green.

Sheree said...

Glad you didnt get too affected by the storm Chloe! There's been so much damage and scary footage shown on the news!

Very cute cards...love them!

Sheree xx

Melissa said...

Awesome pictures of the storm Chloe, and how cute are those cards.Some nice cutting there.Like mother like daughter in the favourite colour hey